Howard BALT5-800 Low-Profile Emergency Ballast -800 Lumens
• Works with or without an AC ballast to convert new or
existing fluorescent fixtures in to unobtrusive emergency
• Operates one lamp in the emergency mode for a minimum of 90-minutes.
• Provides a maximum initial lumen output of 800 lumens.
* When battery packs are remote mounted, the remote distance cannot exceed ½ of the distance from ballast to lamp specified by the
A.C. ballast manufacturer. The maximum allowable remote mounting
distance is 50 feet.
• Dual 120/277 voltage.
• Charge rate/power “ON” LED indicator light and push-to test switch for mandated code compliance testing.
• 6V long life, maintenance-free, rechargeable sealed NiCd
• Internal solid-state transfer switch automatically connects
the internal battery to fluorescent lamp(s) for minimum
90-minute emergency illumination.
• Fully automatic solid-state, two rate charger initiates
battery charging to recharge a discharged battery in 24
• Time delay enhancement to overcome end-of-life circuit protection.
• Suitable for installation inside, on top or in remote* of the
• Can be used in both switched and unswitched fixtures.
• UL Listed for factory or field installation.
• Low profile galvanized steel construction. • Compact design fits most fluorescent fixtures.
• Compatible with most one-, two-, three-, and four-lamp electronic standard and dimming AC ballasts.
• Operates one or two T5, T5HO, T8, T12, Circular T5/T9, Ubend T8/T12, 4-Pin CFL and long CFL lamps in emergency mode. Refer to the chart on the next page for a complete list of compatible lamps.
Download Spec Sheet